Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Democratic Socialists of America. In alignment with our values of accessibility and inclusiveness, the Southern Maine DSA wishes to remove financial barriers to membership by offering a dues-sponsorship program on a year-to-year basis for those with financial hardship.
To qualify to receive dues sponsorship for one year, applicants must first attend and sign-in to a minimum of three chapter meetings, regional meetings, or events at which attendee signatures are collected by a member of the Steering Committee or assignee.
To apply for dues sponsorship, please write a brief letter and tell us:
- Your name, address, email, and preferred phone number.
- How long have you been attending DSA meetings/events? Please list the dates and names of three meetings or events have you attended. (ex: general membership meeting, regional group meeting, rally, event, etc.)
- Please give the name of one dues-paying member who can vouch for you.
- What inspires you to become a member of the DSA?
- What do you hope to accomplish in our organization?
- What ways do you hope to contribute to the organization?
Please email your letter to: DSA.SouthernMaine@gmail.com
Or mail it to us at: Southern Maine DSA P.O. Box 11345, Portland, ME 04104